10 Year Milestone

 

I just surpassed a milestone. The #OwnYourEpic blog has been active now for 10 years. During that time, I have written over 200 posts on a variety of different topics related to my journey in education and have shifted my focus from A View from the Principal's Desk to #OwnYourEpic. I started this project as a way to reflect on what I was experiencing as a leader. I had no grandiose vision of gaining millions of followers or monetizing my words. I simply wanted an outlet to share my voice and my story. I've accomplished the latter. Ten years later, I am still at it and trying to connect with as many people as possible. 

This year, I am going to try something new. I'm still going to blog on a weekly basis during the school year, but I am also going to start a podcast. I think the time is right for me to share the stories of others and the experiences they have had in education. It is going to be called the #OwnYourEpic podcast and will be a way to amplify the voices and stories of educators across the country who are demonstrating amazing leadership and impacting young people on a daily basis. The plan right now is to post new episodes ever 2 weeks during the school year. I'm going to do my best to try to stick to this time frame and I hope everyone will join me in celebrating amazing educators who are doing the work each and every day. The podcast will begin on January 1, 2023 and the first guess will be an amazing Special Education teacher. I encourage you to give a listen by going HERE. Sooner or later, I'll get around to getting it on other platforms like Apple, Google, Spotify, etc. As always, I'll take it a step at at time and go from there.


#OwnYourEpic #Connect

Liking #OwnYourEpic? Check out Amazon for the book and begin writing your own epic today.