Singin' in the Rain

 


Occasionally, I'll stay up late on a Friday or Saturday night and mindlessly flip through channels to wind down before I go to bed. I'm not looking for anything in particular to watch, I think it is the routine I have gotten used to. It is a time when I try to turn my brain off for the day, but sometimes, it actually triggers a blog idea that I then use to help me fall asleep. This past weekend, I came across the classic movie Singin' in the Rain and it just happened to be at the point of Gene Kelly's famous dance scene. As I watched the scene and sang along with it, I couldn't help but think about the week I just went through and how whimsical it was in spite of the ups and downs it presented. You see, this past week was homecoming week, and anyone who has ever worked in a high school setting knows that you get a little bit of everything during homecoming week. Regardless, no matter the issue that arose, I was singin' in the rain.


Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a "silver lining" kind of person. I am not always in a good mood and I sometimes get really frustrated with certain variables that are making my life miserable. I am certainly not happy all the time, however, I am positive about the future and won't let a bad moment turn into a bad day. This is not easy to do. It is hard work and you have to condition yourself to get into this mode. If you do the heavy lifting, you will feel better about yourself and the people around you will learn to appreciate you more because you won't always be a Debbie Downer. We owe it to ourselves and those around us to take the opportunity to embrace challenges with a positive mindset no matter how hard it will be in the process. 


We all know that our days are not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. We are going to have hard times, difficult conversations, moments of sadness and anger, and overall suckiness, but we must embrace the suck and find ways to help us learn and grow. In fact, we need to weather a few storms in order to get to rainbows and sunshine. It is in these storms that we should not be afraid to get dumped on figuratively. Instead, we should realize that things could always be worse, but better days are ahead of us if we can find ways to be singin' in the rain.


#OwnYourEpic #Connect

Liking #OwnYourEpic? Check out Amazon for the book and begin writing your own epic today.