Thank You Seniors


Forgive me if I get a little sentimental here, but I'm getting a little choked up just thinking about graduation this year. I know that during my tenure as a principal, I am going to be at a lot of graduations, but this year in particular, is pretty special for me.

You see, this year will also be my fourth year at my school as a principal. The seniors graduating this year came to high school at the same time as I did. I'm not sure that they all know this, but this class holds a special place in my heart. I will listen to their speeches and stories on commencement day and will here them talk about how much they have changed and grown throughout their time in high school. What I want for them to know is that they have changed me for the better.

These young adults are the FUTURE. They were part of one of the coolest displays I have have ever witnessed as an educator. They have challenged me, made me laugh, made me cry, and they have sometimes made me pull out the hair that I do not have on my head. Through all of this though, they have proven to me that I am in the right career because I learn from them every day.

These students have worked hard and are prepared to take on new challenges that they will face. They will move on an accomplish a great many things, but I will remain at school to greet the new guard coming. Go forth young people and know that your Principal is so very proud of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment