A Fond Farewell


An open message to my team...


I've been sitting on this blog for awhile because it has been too hard to write. While I normally take a writing break at the conclusion of each school year, this year is a little different because I am moving schools and returning home closer to family to the high school I graduated from. The last few weeks have been bittersweet because on the one hand, I am really excited about my new opportunity and the people I will get to work with, but on the other hand, I am sad about the people I am leaving and have gotten to know. It is possible, after all, to feel happy and sad at the same time. 


Goodbyes have always been difficult for me because I would rather say "see you later" and hope that our paths cross again. No matter how many miles there are between me and my colleagues, there has been a bond that has been forged through the ups and downs of our time together. In a short matter of time together, we have endured a global pandemic that changed the way we look at our roles as educators and together, we did what many thought was impossible. We mourned together, we celebrated together, but most importantly we stuck together. I'll be the first one to admit that things weren't always easy. Like a close knit family, we had times where things were a little rough, but we worked together to find solutions without losing the ability to be kind. That is not always an easy task to accomplish when we are all committed to doing the best job possible and being excellent, however, we proved that it could be done.


Our paths may not cross again, but please know that I am not saying goodbye. Instead, I am saying farewell because that is my hope and desire for all of you, that you fare well. I am a better person, educator, and leader for having known each of you and for that, I am forever indebted to you. Until we meet again, #OwnYourEpic and know that your voice and stories matter to those around you. I'm always a phone call, text, or email away and I will definitely catch you on the flipside.


#OwnYourEpic #Onward #Connect

No comments: