1 Second Is An Eternity



On February 15, 2013 I came across a TED Talk by Cesar Kuriyama who has started a project where he films one second of every day. The point of the project was to embrace everyday and remember the powerful moments that we encounter. The notion impacted me so much that I challenged myself to do this same thing from a little bit different perspective. In my blog post One Moment, I set out to do this from the perspective of a high school principal. What I quickly found out, was that the lines between my job and personal life quickly blended together. Education is one of the only professions where you live the life 24/7. If you are an educator or have friends who are educators, you certainly understand what I am talking about. Our lives and our careers are woven together so tightly that often times we cannot differentiate between the two. HERE is the video that I have put together so far and I cannot tell you the flood of memories that have come back as I put this together. I plan on continuing this in the 2013-2014 school year to see what I come up with, but it has been a phenomenal reflection piece.