My first attempt at blogging



I remember during my undergraduate years when I was really in to my writing. I dabbled in short stories and poetry and found an outlet to express myself in words. You could always find me with my handy dandy notebook (which I still have today). This was a gift from my sister and is one of my most prized possessions.


It wasn't until recently that my wife started to request that I begin writing again. She has been by my side through my advanced degree work and through my trials and tribulations as a school administrator and she began to notice that I was vacating a passion of mine due to the demands of work. So, like any good husband should do, I am taking my wife's advice and am committing myself to writing a weekly blog.


I promise not to burden anyone with my poetry, but instead, will write about a unique insight that I have as a high school principal. I realize that this may not be the most interesting subject to some, but it is a way of life for me. My hope in this "project" is to discover myself and my leadership potential. In addition, I would like to share with anyone who cares to read, my growing philosophy on education and where I think we should be headed in education reform.


I encourage anyone who reads my post to engage with me in conversation and debate because I feel this is the only way that I can learn.


I look forward to dialogue!